About the role
You will need to be passionate about cybersecurity as this role will have the variety you are seeking!
Our product is complex, but extremely effective, so you will be a motivated and passionate Security Engineer, who lives and breathes cybersecurity and delivers five start customer satisfaction, with a track record of delivering results.
Your primary role will be performing security monitoring, security and data/log analysis and forensic analysis, to detect security incidents, and incident response. You will also investigate and utilise new technologies and processes to enhance security capabilities and implement improvements.
But your drive to educate a variety of stakeholders, will see you developing cybersecurity technical materials, that can be used for a variety of stakeholders, including education, partners and end users, so our audience fully understand the functions and benefit for installing Crystal Eye to protect their business!
You will work with a team of experts to deliver exemplary internal and external services, so you need to have strong documentation skills, exceptional writing and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others, and determination and drive for constant improvement.
If you are still reading and want a lot of variety in your next role… we’d love to meet you!
- Monitor Red Piranha and its clients’ networks, computers and applications
- Pre-sales support, scoping, report writing and presentation to clients
- Work with external parties (IT teams) to plan and remediate findings
- Watch for events and traffic indicators that signal intrusions
- Determine and identify the damage caused by detected intrusions and how it occurred
- Recommend safeguards against similar intrusions
- Perform security research with Red Piranha intelligence systems and malware systems
- Development of cybersecurity tools and technologies
- Monitor and investigate security breaches
- Developing technical training courses for various levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Providing oral product-related training sessions, including presenting new features and simulating activities in a demo environment, to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge
- Understanding of systems administration, networking and risk/compliance.
- Ability to work as a part of a team or autonomously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Have a passion for information security and have a desire to be key player in developing Australia’s first Extended Detection and Response platform and services
- Experience in network and security implementation and/or operations
- Good awareness of security and risk management and their implications for technical solutions
- Knowledge in intrusion IDS/IPS, firewalls and WAF
- Wide knowledge and experience in using security tools used in offensive and defensive infrastructures
- Strong understanding of exploits, malware and digital forensics
- Knowledge of different log technologies, sources and transport methods
- Familiar in a system administration supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate security issues to peers and management
- Able to engage and communicate technical concepts to a range of audiences in a professional manner and plainly present technical concepts
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a SOC/NOC Analyst or similar
- Experience with SOC and CTI platforms such as The Hive, Cortex, Cuckoo Sandbox
- Strong understanding in key cyber related concepts including digital forensics and incident response, advanced networking and secure web gateways, firewalls, advanced configurations around vlans, and understanding of IDPS and other security technology highly desirable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Police Clearance
- Must have full Australian working rights.